SUSFERT showcased its prototype fertilisers at the Raiffeisen Lagerhaus field day on 17 June in Kalsdorf/Ilz, located in Styria, Austria.
After a five-year break, the popular event was once again on the calendar in 2023. Large numbers of participants were drawn to the innovative attractions at the agricultural fair.
Raiffeisen event well-attended
11,000 guests participated in the field day and had the opportunity to inspect and watch live demonstrations of innovative developments for field cultivation.
SUSFERT was represented at the exhibition stand of its project partner Timac Agro Austria where the latest developments in sustainable, bio-based fertilisers were showcased.
SUSFERT goals for sustainable agriculture
- Reduce non-renewable, imported phosphorus by 40%;
- Replace synthetic chelates for iron fertilisation;
- Replace synthetic fertiliser coatings;
- Reduce soil and water contamination;
- Reduce the carbon footprint of fertilisers.
SUSFERT fertilisers objectives combine:
- The renewable source, struvite;
- Probiotics to increase nutrient availability; and
- Bio-based bio-degradable coatings.
Nine sustainable, biobased fertiliser prototypes have been developed in the course of the project, and samples were presented at the event. Thanks to the kind contribution of NaKu, SUSFERT is able to present its fertiliser prototypes in the company’s sustainable bottles made from bioplastics.