Over it’s five year project duration, the SUSFERT project is expected to produce several groundbreaking results and novel products. The main objectives of the project are:
(1) Obtain compatible probiotic and sustainable solutions for phosphorus and iron fertilisation.
(2) Achieve cost-effective enzymatically modified lignin-based coatings for product stabilisation and controlled release.
(3) Produce microbial siderophore in a demonstration plant, for use in fertilisers.
(4) Develop and produce at least four fertiliser products fitting into current production and existing application technology.
(5) Obtain registration dossiers after field trials with developed organic formulations, granules, microgranules and liquid fertiliser solutions.
(6) SUSFERT will identify the economic and environmental impact of SUSFERT products, their sustainability, barriers and opportunities for their adaptation.